독후감 쓰기 1등 상


        
D.A.R.E ESSAY BY: Joshua Ju
When I first heard that we would be doing D.A.R.E, I thought it was a program to let us read more. I thought D stood for dictionary, A for American, R for reading, and E for English. Obviously, my guess was wrong. NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!  D.A.R.E is about helping us with life and teaching us how to handle difficult situations by yourself.  In this essay, I will discuss what I have learned, how I have used D.A.R.E decision making model, and how I plan to to use what I have learned to make safe and responsible choices.
During D.A.R.E I have learned many things, but the three most important things to me were communication styles, alcohol and smoking/tobacco uses, and the 5 W’s to report bullying. First I will be discussing about communication styles. I learned that there are 3 types of communication styles; Confident, Unsure, and demanding. Sometimes, my personal communication style can be a little bit unsure. Now I am getting into more of the confident side than the unsure side. During my first lesson of D.A.R.E, I learned about alcohol and smoking[tobacco] uses. I learned that alcohol and smoking can kill many people every year. I will never ever want to smoke drugs or cigarettes. Finally, the safe and responsible ways to report bullying are WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, and WHY. When you see mistreatment of others, you should go to a teacher or a trusted adult and report those five W’s.
I have used D.A.R.E decision making models. The first step is to define (D) the problem.  My problem was three kids took my assigned seat. The second step is asses (A) choices. My options were go tell the bus driver, just use the empty seat in front of my seat, or just tell them to get out of my seat. The third step is to respond (R) which is to make a choice. My choice was to go to the seat in front of my seat because 1) I didn’t want to make the problem bigger and 2) I didn’t want to fight over a seat. The last step is to evaluate (E) the decision. I think I made the right choice because I didn’t want the problem to get bigger and I could still talk to my friend.
I plan to use what I learned D.A.R.E to make safe and responsible choices.  I will always communicate with a confident way even though I am in a bad mood. I will always avoid tobacco and drugs. I will also report bullying in a safe way while using the 5 W’s.  Also, I will always apply the D.A.R.E decision making models.  
What I have learned from D.A.R.E were to use safe and wise choices and to ALWAYS avoid drugs and tobacco. Also I have learned to use good manners and a confident voice.  From now on, I will make safe choices and always avoid stuff that will give a bad consequences later on. I personally think that D.A.R.E is a good program that kids can learn and apply to their own problems. There were no reading components in D.A.R.E but it is fun to do!!!

Comments